Tuesday, April 16, 2024

The Revolution will not be covered under your current plan

      The best advice I can give anyone is this: do not get sick in America. The aggravation and humiliation of navigating the insurance necessary to cover even the simplest ailment will make you feel like you've entered a Kafka novel.

      I would never want to buy a gun, but if I did, I should definitely be put on a watch list, because I have had it with this shit. Putting aside my distaste for violence, the trouble is, there are too many people to take out to really make a difference, and they are anonymous and safely hidden. Eliminate one CEO or hedge fund manager or even a room full of shareholders and dozens will spring up to take their place. You'd need a phalanx of semiautomatic guillotines to lop off all those heads.

      No, violence is not a practical solution. I guess the fact that I can still think in terms of practicality and impracticality means I'm not that far gone yet. But I feel so helpless and trapped and enraged, I feel like I'm about to explode. They say that patience is always the answer, but I have been extremely patient through all this and it hasn't done a lick of good. I'd take action but you can't force someone to return your calls, and there is no office I can march down to and lodge a complaint at. I'm no good at organizing and am not charismatic enough to lead a movement, to rally the people to action. The only thing I'm any good at is being sick. And as I  said,  whatever you do, you must never get fucking get sick in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment